The "Great Adventure" Bible Study
Session 23 - The Church - Part 3
Acts 15:36 - 18:22
1. Review Acts 17:1-15. What was Paul’s experience in Thessalonica?
2. Read 1 Thessalonians 2-4. How did Paul continue to strengthen the Thessaonian believers, even in his absence?
3. Review Acts 18:1-11. How does God reassure Paul after things in Corinth come to a head?
4. Read the following passages, and note some of the problems that the young church faced:
1 Corinthians 1:10-17
1 Corinthians 5:1-2, 6:12-20
1 Corinthians 8
1 Corinthians 11:17-34
5. Read Catechism Nos. 817-819. This discusses “Wounds to Unity” How does the Church view those who have separated from full communion with the Catholic Church?
6. What good did God bring out of the persecution that Paul faced? (read alsoPhilippians 1:12-18)
Old Testament Connection: Read Ezekiel 37. Ezekiel prophesied during the Babylonian exile. In what promise do the 12 tribes hope, and what does that promise have to do with the hope and truth of resurrection?
Application: How do the lives of the apostles and early believers give witness to the new life they have in Christ? What is the reason? Is this new life evident in you?