The "Great Adventure" Bible Study
Session 16 –Return
Ezra, Nehemiah, Esther
1. Review Ezra 1. How was Isaiah’s prophecy fulfilled - see Isaiah44:24-28, 45:1-6, 13. Why might God have given his people such exact information so far in advance?
2. Review Ezra 3. What was accomplished in the first return?
3. Review Ezra 7. Why was Ezra sent back to Jerusalem and what assistance was he given?
4. Review Nehemiah 2 and 4. Why did Nehemiah return, and how did he fare?
5. The book of Esther fits between the first and second returns. It gives us a window into the lives of those who chose to remain in Persia. Did God forsake the people left behind in exile, or is He faithful yet?
Application: Have you ever had an experience where you strayed from the Lord, repented, and returned to Him? What rebuilding did you need to do?